Addiction can alter everyone’s life including family members who are affected by the substance abuse. Arizona Women’s Recovery Center Family Program was set up to explore family dynamics that may have contributed to behaviors that are triggers for the user’s substance abuse. It also tackles power struggles, codependency behaviors, feelings related to the abuse and other relationship issues to make for a healthier family dynamic and a stronger support system. It is vital that every member of the family learns about the disease of addiction and how their response affects long-term recovery.
Arizona Women’s Recovery Center provides Family Education and Counseling. The services are provided in individual, group and couples settings. The goal of the programs at AWRC is to facilitate individuals and/or families in their journey to recovery from substance abuse.
Family sessions are offered during Arizona Women’s Recovery Center’s normal business hours
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.,
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Special family sessions can be arranged from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on designated evenings.
- Healing the impact addiction has had on family members
- Increase communication based on respect and honesty
- Develop consistent family values and beliefs that respect the needs of the individual family member
- Develop recovery based coping skills and life skills Improve family and social relationships.
The Family Program is developed to meet the individual needs of the client’s family and social support. “Family” is defined as people in the addict/alcoholic’s life that have been impacted by their addiction. At admission, the client identifies the significant people in their lives that they want to be involved in the treatment process. The Family Counselor makes the initial contact with the identified “family” member and schedules an individual session, with or without the client present, to define the family goals. From the initial session, a plan is developed that may consist of continued individual sessions, couples groups, family groups, or referrals for additional services.
Arizona Women’s Recovery Center does not decline services to any individual that meets the admission criteria. The following are the criteria for admission and readmission:
- Must have a family or significant adult enrolled in one of AWRC’s substance abuse programs
- Those with mental health issues must be stable on prescribed medications or be in the process of becoming stable